10. There's not enough time to make the improvements we need.
9. We got beat on price.
8. Let's just get someone - anyone! - to fill the position.
7. That's not how the cooks/servers/salespeople like to do things.
6. Let's just win the business. We can figure out how to make it happen and worry about costs later.
5. I basically know how much everything costs.
4. We don't have any theft; I know most of my crew.
3. I'll make up for the price break somewhere else.
2. Since we own our equipment, we don't have to charge the client for equipment.
And the #1 Thing a Caterer Should Never Say...
1. Let me have one for the road.