These are a few of the books and blogs that inspire our business philosophies:
- Manager Tools - An entertaining weekly podcast on becoming a better manager.
- Catering Guru - Founded by the late Michael Roman, an icon to all in catering, this website is filled with wisdom and insight on a range of timely subjects.
- Marshall Goldsmith Library - The iconic executive coach teaches leaders how to be brutally honest about how behavior choices impact business success.
- Jim Collins and Good To Great - This inspiring book studies companies which, over a long period of time, find sustained excellence.
- E-Myth - Teaches entrepreneurs to combine smart management and effective systems.
- Tim Ferriss and The 4-Hour Workweek - Ferriss can be a little "out there" but he has great tips on editing the unproductive "noise" out of your life and business.
- It's My Company Too! - A team of 4 experts, including Tasty Catering's Thomas Walter, studies the drive for positive employee-company dedication and commitment. I am inspired by examples of how organizational engagement can transform into something more substantial and how a "Command and Control" strategy of management can give way to a "Teach, Trust and Track" approach.
- Jeffrey Gitomer's Sales Caffeine eZine - Jolt your sales efforts awake with a weekly newsletter from the motivating author and speaker.
- Speak As Well As You Think - John M. Vautier and John J. Vautier share techniques for being a standout communicator. Their skills have helped everyone from CEOs presenting in board meetings to an NFL star appearing on Letterman.
- Harvard Business Review Management Tip of the Day - A quick daily thought on leadership and business practices.
For people in the food and hospitality industry, these are Must Reads to keep you informed:
We believe that everyone should read for enjoyment and personal development, too! Here are Jon's favorites: